I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there’s no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can’t paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this with people? Why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I’m sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole! - Anonymous.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Crimson Twenties?

You are wailing as a baby.
You play kindergarten.
You play in mud.
You play.

You grow a little.
You play hopscotch.
You play video games.
You also run around a lot.
You play with innocence.

You grow some more.
You go out. Just hang out.
You get to know things.
You are scared. Then fascinated.
You learn to play again. Only this time you are played with.

Once again you learn things.
Find the best of friends.
You play with drinks and smokes. All kinds of games.
You learn some more.
You play with strangers too.
You play. Feelings and everything.

Then one day your best friend announces she is getting engaged. But she seems happy. She is happy. And one by one all will go. All will get on with life to play different games. And just like that ... Bam!
The playing around is over.

5 comments:

  1. I was reminded of a song, Kids-Mgmt
    And doesn't it suck growing up...I hate the fact that i will get old one day and would be asked to behave maturely at public places

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Disagree. The game never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tangerine: the growing up doesn't bother me. Its only a blissful bubble being pin-pricked by reality.

    @orange-plum: I am at a state of agreeing and diagreeing with it at the same time. One of those days. Maybe you too will be hit with that feeling soon. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad reality.
    playing around does END :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I am in a happy place all over again. END becomes the 'Energy.Never.Dies' senario ;)

    ReplyDelete