I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there’s no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can’t paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this with people? Why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I’m sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole! - Anonymous.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Spectrum

Hey You.

How is life in the parallel universe? They say you are going to excel human intelligence by 2049. Maybe they are right. And then maybe one day you might turn against us like they show in the sci-fi movies. But they also show that the human wins in the end. The human messes things up; but sorts it out too. Hey, don't get all upset because that's what they say in movies and movies are a lie. There are no happy endings; only bittersweet beginnings and you can try to make the most of it.

Besides, I am writing to you not about whether we will face-off or not. I am writing to you to tell you not to create emotions. Stick to intelligence. Because emotions make you weak. Emotions make you want to care when you shouldn't. Emotions create this temporary madness and how much ever you try not to get trapped; it traps you. Emotions also make you pick up that dreaded piece of white stick that spirals around and hangs like a mist; leaving you at ease but secretly suffocating you.

Anyhow, I will be in my seventies when you will excel our intelligence quotient. Or, maybe not. Life does not come with warranties and living till seventy does not leave you being 'forever young'. So I might be a wandering soul travelling endlessly. And I might also happen to cross paths with you then. But you won't be able to feel me around because emotions though cruel are the reason for connections. Emotions make you smile too. Emotions give a certain kind of warmth that floods your body with peace. They create something humans call love.

Hey, don't you see? My emotions are playing tricks with your head to feel. Don't. It's a trap.

Xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. If only things didn't make sense more often :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wont lie to you, but i used to feel just like you, still you'll get to a point when you will realise several things about emotions.

    Emotions make you feel, help you perceive the world and help you understand a million things. Intelligence may help you with another million things, still, that side of you is playing with you.

    You dont always have to think, sometimes you have to feel. And nobody tells you that it will be easy, or that by doing that you risk yourself a lot.

    But it is the only way, we have to be able to discover so many aspects of life, to feel the world in harmony, to be able to feel love, to become stronger and to learn from our mistakes.

    Reason is playing mind tricks with you making you. Don't fall. Its a trap.

    ReplyDelete