I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there’s no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can’t paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this with people? Why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I’m sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole! - Anonymous.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Epic Wishes

It was the hour of dusk when I had the thought of you. I think a waft of air had carried with it that chocolate scent you always wear. Yes, that might have triggered the adrenaline rush I get when I see you. And I wanted you. I had to have you. 

Before I had a chance to make up my mind the dinner was laid. You cannot say no to a good dinner. A good dinner with its delectable white chicken and flavoursome savory. Good things come to an end; likewise good dinners also reach its end. I had been thinking of you all the time. I had to have you and the car keys weren't so far.

The drive seemed longer than usual. However, prettier than usual. The empty roads with flickering street lights silhouetted the night walkers. Some with fingers entwined; some nudging with shoulders while some strolling along the path not wanting to be seen. I passed houses after houses and yours didn't seem to be lit. A gigantic lock enclosed the bolts of the gate. I drove myself to the Old-Hut and when I asked about you they said you don't reside here anymore. My heart sank into a bottomless pit. I figured it was time to go back home. A home without you. 

Instead I drove to places where I thought I'd find you. I rolled the window down and felt the wintry chill in the air. Winters would be upon us soon and I knew I would not get to see you much. Winters has always unknowingly conjured up a wall between us. Sometimes miracles let us meet, let you be felt by me; and the sensation would send an icy chill down my spine. And miracles are miracles. Yet I would never be the one to leave you, because its you who always decides its over. And I? I play along.

The night walkers were disappearing, the shops were closing. And when all hope was lost. I saw you. There you were in the dingy corner below a Jasmine tree with the red-white hearts logo waving in the air. And at last I got my long awaited cone of chocolate cornetto.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!
    "I would never be the one to leave you, because its you who always decides its over. And I? I play along."

    ^ WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ I completely second that. That line is so beautiful. It is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the entire flow of the post. That was some real good writing there...Prose-like almost..However, the last lne kind of made me lol.
    A chocolatey cornetto, like seriously???

    ReplyDelete