I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there’s no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can’t paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this with people? Why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I’m sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole! - Anonymous.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The L(eh)ittle Things


Clockwise::

  • Best possible view of the Pagong Tso. Ah. yes. The 3-idiots lake. However, that was about the most boring lake-location when compared to all the rest of the super areas. Just keep driving (biking) ahead on the route. Unfortunately, the day I went there was no sun so lost on the colours.
  • The milestones on the roads with the most quirky and amusing lines were a laughter riot. There were things like "Peep peep don't sleep", "Don't gossip. Let him drive", "Feel my curves, don't test them". And I don't remember anymore. But you get the hint. right.
  • Lady selling the yummiest and the juiciest of apricots that dripped with every bite. So. Put the whole fruit inside your mouth and look like a monkey. That's the fun.
  • Double Humped Camels! Nubra valley. It had sand dunes, flowing river, mountains with snow on them, trees-grass in the valley and civilization. So yeah. It's your elementary five elements of earth put all together at one setting like I was in a movie. Only in India:)
  • That's Egypt-like nature setting in Ladhak.
  • That's Amazon-like nature setting in Ladhak. [the terrains would change every few kilometers]
  • Those we know are those rotating by hand religious Buddhism things. Yeah. I don't know what they are called but quite fun.
  • Not beavers. I am guessing they are of the same species. I mean they look like them. However, they are called Marmots. Cute little fat things. Finished a whole biscuit packet, they did. Very friendly. Just like the people over there. Ladhak has got the best people of the world. Period.
So those are almost all the little things that have made Leh end up in my best place to visit (in the world).No list. It is the best. I am gonna go again few years down the line. Biking I wish. But it'll be driving down. Oh, and I am not a nature lover. I pretty much ignore it. BUTT. if this place took me by wind, It. Must. Be. Something.

Advice - while road travelling in Leh, don't take a pill and get lost in sleep. Because Ladhak is not about the monasteries or the lakes; it is about the journey. No picture will be able to capture a sight as good as your eyes.


6 comments:

  1. Seriously!Those marmot things are so cute ^.^ And you BIKED?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Just saying that biking in Leh scores over driving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biking scores over driving ANYWHERE. Except in delhi...and jaipur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I didn't know they're called Marmots! So cute! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

    ReplyDelete