I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there’s no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can’t paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this with people? Why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I’m sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole! - Anonymous.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Truer than true

^Title's philosophical on so many levels. I just zoned out.^


Only if writing what you feel had been as easy as the Real Writers make it look, my blog would have been a wonderful place. But it isn't. Some come close to the miracle, however, do we really know how much of it is true. Here I sit with Limca filled in a champaign glass staring at the blank screen with thoughts unknown. With little things that don't matter. With conflicting ideas of my own.

About the particular champaign glass? I like the glass. Yes. I can be weird. [please don't un-follow me] Why can I never spell 'weird' right, ever! *bows to spell-check* the i and e.

Distraction is my forte. We might not be good at writing. Our writing might be as insignificant as our petty life in front of an alien attack on this planet. But it is important that we do it. Because sometimes, something as simple as an "I ate chocolate" might make you realize you need to treat yourself to some delicious dark chocolate too and on your way to buy that delight you might happen to meet some dear old friends your uselessly busy mind had forgotten about.

Once you have had the it's-been-long-time-chat, you continue to go on your way to buy chocolate from your favrioute store. There is always one store that is colourful and chocolaty in it's own way. And, while you are buying the sweets you might happen to bump into a green-eyed guy who would smile and make your day.

See? There is a chain. Read a status-update. Go buy chocolate. Come back home with a new crush in your dreamy head.

It is not just this. Many a times what tends to "inspire" me are not the commercialized articles but the simple statements you make or write in your cherished posts, sometimes comments. Even what you comment for others sometimes is what you are trying to tell yourself for so long. *Carpe diem* to me and you.

Also, you might want to know that the Limca and the old friends and the green-eyed guy are fictitious and a result of a dream in the first-ever afternoon nap. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental or intentional. I wouldn't know. It was a dream.

I'm not saying I'm a real writer but then again who needs one.


2 comments:

  1. The last bit is SOOO 'Alice in Wonderland'. Better still, 'Through The Looking Glass'.
    Read them if you haven't already.
    :D

    Yes yes. I see your "carpe diem" allusions to the telle tubby chopper. Sigh. Have I no place in the world??
    S-I-G-H

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete