I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there’s no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can’t paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this with people? Why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I’m sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole! - Anonymous.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I've done nothing at all this week ... And it feels Awesome! Laz(zzz)y O.o

"I'm far too lazy to come up with some 'deep' hipster quote to accompany this entry, but I'll inform you that my nose is really itchy."

It is officially very very cold. Winter cold. Fog. Dew drops. Windy. Rainy. Mufflers. Jackets. Hoodies. Pullovers. Yes, very very very cold. Because of the generous Rain Gods this year, well... Winters are actually winters where the Sun hides away for a looooong time.

And hence, my so-called lazy escapades get fueled.

Waking up late, lying stuffed in the blue blankets, calling for a hot coffee, reading the morning "Garfield-betweenFriends" news, surfing facebook via phone etc.; mum thinks it is being Lazy.
I'm not lazy. I just don't have anything to do... that I like.

Notes. Studying. Exams. Writing. Practicing. Making the bed. Erm, WORK THAT I LIKE?! ?! ?! No. O.o

All I want to do is sleep, eat, loll about.. diddle-daddle.. linger.. boondoggle ..goof off and bum around. That is not being lazy. Call it procrastinating, but lazy? noooo.

The thing is I really need to gear up and start working on anything. Working and doing things that need to be done.
Why the sudden epiphany ...?

Today: Noon: Living room.
Mrs. ABC: Oh, and where is your daughter? How is she doing?
Mum "Mother": She is good. Just on a very tight schedule of not getting anything done.


I heard it. Oh my god! She really said it. Laid a 'personal fact' about her own daughter's life to an almost-stranger. *face-palm*

Therefore, I've decided to work, whatever work I get at home. Yes. I've the Power to out-do the so-called Laziness. I'll come out as a hero.

Now.
I really ought to do something!

*sigh*
But... you know, I'm already in my night jammies.

I guess, on some random level, It Is Awesome ! 'cause doing nothing has made me happy with not a care in the world - even the fact that I have an exam tomorrow for which I haven't studied a word - nothing. Nil. Zilch. So, here I'm cherishing the nothing-ness as long as it lasts. It will last a while now... zzzz

2 comments: