I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there’s no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can’t paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this with people? Why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I’m sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole! - Anonymous.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thirteen to Nineteen... & it's very many colourful 'sumptuous' layers *slurp*;)


So, it started at the age of Thirteen,
Had a crush on a boy who used to cross my lane.
Fourteen-fifteen also came,
And in sometime, I got over that crush,
'Cause it was so lame.
The first few years were practically the most confusing and crazily whirl-winding years. I was in a new place (again) and the whole make-new-friends-meet-new-people anthem was sung. My father's Posting Aircraft had landed at the most busiest city in the country, Delhi! It was one hell of a place. I loved it, I hated it. And the three years I spent there, so much changed. I did learn a lot in terms of things that cannot be described. Learnt about myself, about randomness and much more. The first teens - 13, 14 & 15. During that time, I dreamed a lot. Really a lot. There used to be constant observing and daydreaming. The funny thing is that that observing from a lil' 15 year old girl's eyes helped me and is still a part of me.

So I went back to my hometown,
Three years had changed it, made it different,
Many people were new too,
And I didn't think, wanted to cherish the old-new all over again.
Can I even get started about sixteen and seventeen. These two years, where I had a different school life, a different family life, everything completely balanced and I did enjoy. I did nothing then, but enjoy whatever life had to offer to me. There were absolutely no complications and no issues with anything. Life was plain, simple and had it's own bright colours. Everything was resolved and just and pretty.

Took a wrong decision,
Got stuck in the same station,
So, now doing nothing,
Probably that is the reason I'm blogging!
My "colourful layered life-cake" is a lil' bittersweet right now. I'm still in my city, in my sophomore year. I guess I was kinda scared or just way too comfortable, in the illusion of a seventeen, that made me stay back here instead of giving a new city a chance or even Delhi, which looks different every few months that it's unrecognizable, mostly. I still have the balance, yet the city has no new challenges. I've seen it all. Nothing more. Hence, I sit here typing, praying for the years to fast forward & a new experience is be waiting. But then again, my "Teen" in a few months is coming to an end. I spent nineteen doing "nothing much", pinches.

tch tch. This was a silly note. Reminiscence. 
All I want is a piece of that CAKE ! and a CHOCOLATE CAKE !

No comments:

Post a Comment