I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there’s no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can’t paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this with people? Why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I’m sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole! - Anonymous.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Avenue♪












Eyes met in the avenue
Was it love, she never knew
She kissed, she danced
But in the end, she lay shattered.

She wore something old, something new,
Something borrowed, something blue
Lilies were pink, everyone smiled
But in the end, she lay alone every mile.

A home was created
The garden blossomed
A crystal vase crashed, later mended
But in the end, she lay, heart unattended.

Slowly the friends went, family faded
In oblivion, she still softly cradled
Hardly a smile, hardly a tear
'Cause in the end, she lay in fear.

Eyes had never met, arguments had taken place
Fights built barriers, unknown consequences
She lay still, the air spoke in silence
Left the avenue, the music had stopped ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment